• Closed-toed shoes are required, due to the possibilities of dropped cans and broken glass.
• Family friendly attire is required, including appropriate t-shirt graphics, advertisements, and cuts. If a board member believes your clothing is questionable, you may be asked to help in a way that doesn’t involve client interaction (such as cleaning or stocking).
• On pantry days, the facilities will be cleaned and shelves stocked starting THIRTY MINUTES before the doors open. Because the building is used by several groups (Not just LIFEhouse), this will ensure clean spaces for our clients. A board member will be present to direct the processes, and a cleaning checklist will be provided.
• On pantry days, volunteers will pray and begin training THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE the doors open. Expect to be trained each time you volunteer, as your job or our policies may have changed since the last time you volunteered. If you cannot arrive thirty minutes before pantry hours (eg, 5:30 on the Tuesdays), please choose a different time to volunteer.
• Volunteers are expected to stay the full time the pantry is running. If you cannot commit several hours at once, consider volunteering a shorter amount of time on stocking days (typically the Monday before the first Tuesday pantry – check the calendar), or help by organizing a food or diaper drive with friends or coworkers. Email email@example.com for our present food needs.
• After the pantry closes, clean-up should be minimal. Expect to stay around 15 minutes after close, or until all are dismissed by the board member.